Strategic and Experienced Divorce Attorneys
With more than 100 years of combined trial experience, the family law attorneys at Massachusetts Family Law Group (MFLG) advise, represent and advocate for clients throughout Greater Boston, Metro West, Central and Western Massachusetts, the North and South Shores, Cape Cod and the Islands.
A Different Kind of Law Firm
Most law firms will tell you they are different. We back that claim with specifics such as:
- Focus on family law: Rather than trying to be all things to all people, the experienced attorneys at Massachusetts Family Law Group focus almost exclusively on Massachusetts divorce and child custody. Additionally, since marital problems and money problems often go hand in hand, we also help clients when faced with tough challenges that include preventing mortgage foreclosure and filing bankruptcy.
- Teamwork: Taking a progressive team approach to every case, all of our attorneys meet several times each week to discuss the intricacies and details of their cases. Our founder, managing attorney, senior attorneys and all associates share experiences, ask questions, develop strategies and work together to address the specifics of complex legal matters.
- Home-court advantage: Our lawyers advocate for clients throughout Greater Boston, Metro West, Central and Western Massachusetts, the North and South Shores, Cape Cod and the Islands. We can anticipate how a judge might respond to a particular motion or argument; we have probably appeared in that courtroom before arguing similar issues. We have learned the approaches the judges prefer and build our strategy to help them understand the case from our perspective.
- The MFLG Brain Trust: Our law firm has a network of experts and specialists across the state and beyond. When building cases for our clients, we consult with child custody evaluators, psychologists, forensic accountants, real estate appraisers and many others so that we fully understand the issues at stake in our client's divorce.
- Focus on children: Divorce and custody cases can be especially challenging for children who are experiencing the breakup of a family unit. Our passionate family law attorneys work with you to keep your children safe and create a parenting plan that is in their best interests.
Serious Representation for Serious Problems
If you're impressed with a law firm that is on the top floor of a 100-story tower, we're not for you. We don't spend thousands of dollars on mahogany furniture, and we don't have marble floors. Our lawyers don't drive Jaguars, wear thousand-dollar suits or have each of their phone calls screened. We have a down-to-earth, personal approach focusing on bottom-line results for our clients.
If you're seeking a law firm that can provide you with a winning game plan and superior execution of that plan, the chemistry will be right from the first time we meet.
Attorney's Fees – You Get What You Pay For
When defending yourself and your children, results are everything. The difference between the cheapest and most expensive family law attorney is trivial compared to the effect that inadequate representation will have on your life. A bad outcome can result in financial setbacks, not doing what's right for your children, family crisis and tremendous distress.
Rates and Billing
Once we begin our representation, we charge hourly rates that vary among our team. Lawyers' rates vary from $250 to $400 per hour. Paralegals are billed at a lower rate.
We require an initial retainer and a signed representation agreement. The initial retainer depends on the case, but usually ranges from $3,000 to $10,000. We then bill our time against that retainer.
Of course, where it is appropriate, we will seek to have the other party reimburse you for your attorney's fees.
Meet Your Attorneys – Not Their Assistants
We offer personalized legal services: Our clients work exclusively with their attorneys – never with paralegals. We respond to all e-mails and phone calls promptly, and stay in constant contact with our clients.
Call Today – Ask About a Free Initial Consultation!
Call (800) 299-DIVORCE or contact us online to set up an appointment at any of our 14 convenient locations across the state. We meet clients in the early morning, at night or over the weekend.