Flat Fee, Uncontested Divorce

Do You Really Need a Lawyer if Your Divorce Is Uncontested?

You may be heading into your 'amicable' divorce thinking that you and your spouse agree on everything. It is natural to ask, "Do either of us really need a lawyer?"

In order to file an uncontested divorce, you and your spouse must agree on everything. If you do not, then you will have to file for a contested divorce. The process in an uncontested divorce is relatively quick and easy. Each party completes a financial statement and submits a joint petition for divorce, listing the terms of their agreement. The decree and petition are then filed, and the divorce will soon be finalized, usually in less than a month. The only court interaction may be answering a few questions asked of you by the judge to make sure that both parties understand the terms on which they are agreeing.

Many people think that they can take care of an uncontested divorce on their own, but they do not know what they are getting themselves into. Making a mistake during an uncontested divorce can cost both of you money down the road. An attorney can catch and recognize circumstances and help protect cases from becoming costly.

Even if you are confident you can complete the process without hiring an attorney, it is good common sense to have your questions answered by a knowledgeable, experienced lawyer. It is worth arranging a consultation with an attorney at Pollack Law Group, P.C. We won't try to talk you into hiring us. We'll give you straight answers.

Contact Us for Information on Uncontested Divorce and Flat-Fee Divorce

If you need help filing for an uncontested divorce, our attorneys can help you through this process quickly and efficiently. Our Plymouth law firm serves clients on Cape Cod and the South Shore counties of Bristol, Plymouth, Barnstable, Dukes and Nantucket. Contact us at (800) 299-DIVORCE to learn how we can help you with any child custody matter. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced flat-fee divorce attorney.